Assistant Practice Manager vacancy
Commercial London Chambers
Salary on application to Chambers People
Our client is seeking a clerk for an Assistant Practice Manager role which is available now.
Previous relevant commercial experience is essential as the duties will include the following:
1. To assist with the efficient day to day management of Chambers, in liaison with the Senior Clerk.
2. To deal competently with telephone enquiries from Solicitors and others with regard to the selection and availability of Counsel.
3. To book in accurately briefs, instructions and further papers.
4.To ensure that all briefs, instructions and further papers received for cases are appropriately acknowledged.
5. To process and make comprehensive notes on information that has been received by either email, telephone or letter.
6. To record accurately Counsel’s time spent and the nature of the work to ensure that the fee notes are sent out in a detailed and comprehensive manor.
7. To record accurately / take notes on conversations of significance and relay those to the Senior Clerk.
8. To ensure that all confidential and sensitive materials are marked so
9. To attend listing appointments / telephone listing appointments.
10. To negotiate fees for all members of Chambers (in liaison with the Senior Clerk)
11. To bill appropriately all members of Chambers work done.
12. To deputise for the Senior Clerk in their absence.
Promotion of Chambers / Marketing:
1. To assist with the promotion of Chambers as directed by the Senior Clerk.
2. To always look to promote opportunities for individual members whilst also cross-referencing Chambers opportunities as a whole.
3. To be an ambassador for Chambers and always maintain high levels of professionalism.
4. To ensure that a high level of clerking service is received by all clients at all times, to maintain existing relationships and to develop new relationships.
5. To develop a thorough understanding of all member’s practices.
6. To attend client visits with potential new / existing clients where required / needed, in liaison with the Senior Clerk and to ensure that a comprehensive note is taken and relayed.
7. To support members of Chambers, where required at Seminars, talks or other chambers events.
8. To provide general assistance to the Senior Clerk and members with the marketing and networking of Chambers.
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 23rd MARCH 2020
Confidential enquiries to
Martin Poulter 07947 242325
John Charles Charlick 07808 137902
Alan Brewer 07774 757701
Office 020 7583 2401