3 VERULAM BUILDINGS - JUNIOR STARTER CLERK
Salary: £15,000 rising to £20,280 after 6 months probation
Closing Date: 03/02/2017
STARTER JUNIOR CLERK OPPORTUNITY
Salary £15,000 rising to £20,280 + benefits after 6 months successful probation period
3 Verulam Buildings is recognised as one of the leading commercial sets of barristers’ Chambers.
A member of the junior clerk team is leaving and so Chambers needs to recruit a new starter junior clerk to join this busy, energetic team. The successful candidate will be the 4th member of the junior clerk team and will assist members of Chambers, the practice management team and Chambers’ support staff in the smooth and efficient running of Chambers.
Ideally educated to ‘A’ level standard, applicants will need to be articulate, be able to demonstrate a responsible attitude, be able to perform accurately and to prioritise (sometimes under pressure), be able to take initiative and be able to work as a team player.
Principal duties will include: -
• Court Runs: Taking and collecting members’ papers to and from Court.
• Delivering Skeleton Arguments and authority bundles: delivering Skeleton Arguments and bundles of authorities to Court and assisting with exchanges of these materials.
• Document management: on instructions from colleagues or by taking initiative, to ensure that documents delivered to Chambers or received by email or fax are dealt with promptly, appropriately and efficiently.
• DX: Collect and deliver the post going through the document exchange.
• Outgoing Post/DX: Prepare for despatch outgoing post and DX.
• Office Equipment: ensure that the photocopiers and printers are supplied with paper and toner at all times.
• General Clerking Duties: assist in any clerking duties, run work related errands and undertake additional duties as requested by members of Chambers and the practice management team.
• Any other duties as may be required from time to time
The hours of work are 8:30 – 6.30pm (rota based).
Salary - £15,000 (rising to £20,280 + benefits upon successful completion of a 6 month probationary period).
A full job description is available on request from Chambers People
Please apply to
Chambers People Ltd , Three Kings Court, 150 Fleet Street, LONDON EC4A 2DQ
020 7583 2401
Direct and third party applications to chambers will be forwarded to Chambers People
3VB is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates an Equality and Diversity Policy. We welcome applications from all interested and serious candidates irrespective of background.
Closing date for applications to Chambers People: Friday, February 3rd 2017.